Google Ad

Eurosceptic Bloggers

Saturday, March 19, 2005

T.A.I.E.X.

I attended a T.A.I.E.X. seminar a couple of weeks ago, thanks to my employer and I thought you might like to know about it.

T.A.I.E.X. is the Technical Assistance and Information Exchange unit of Directorate-General Enlargement of the European Commission. Its aim is to provide to the New Member States, Candidate Countries, and the administrations of the Western Balkans, short-term technical assistance, in line with the overall policy objectives of the European Commission, and in the field of approximation, application and enforcement of EU legislation.
So the EU pays for experts to share their experience with relevant people in candidate countries. Its one of the better ways that the EU spends our money (Well thats not difficult) but I just had one concern about the programme. One of the key speakers at our event, was the head on a Trans-European Industry Body whose sole purpose in life is to lobby the EU institutions. Call me suspicious, but isn't there a potential conflict of interests there?

No comments: