Google Ad

Eurosceptic Bloggers

Monday, September 12, 2005

The EU is Too Sweet

We produce too much sugar, which I suppose explains why Margo is so sweet. But this being Eutopia, too much sugar is someone else’s problem.
The European Union is planning to push more than 2m tonnes of surplus sugar on to the world market in spite of a World Trade Organisation ruling that such exports are illegal.
2 Million tonnes, that’s a hell of a lot of Cuppa’s.
The EU has always exported excess sugar, but the likely 2m tonne figure is 10 times the level in 2003 and more than twice the amount in 2002.
You know why this is all necessary? It’s all part of the reform of the market apparently. First kill of the competition, then reign supreme I suppose. The fact that these Bastards are destroying the livelihoods of poor farmers in developing countries makes me annoyed. The fact that they are doing it in my name makes me livid.

No comments: