Google Ad

Eurosceptic Bloggers

Monday, December 20, 2004

Birds of a Feather

When I was a child, my mother would warn me about spending time with the wrong kind of friends. People judge you by your friends she would say. Now a certain Mr Annan, under a cloud of suspicion due to the Oil for Fraud programme has discovered who his real friends are:
"Kofi Annan can be sure of the EU’s support for him and the for the United Nations", President of European Commission Jose Manuel Durao Barroso said after the meeting.
It is not for me to say whether Kofi is guilty or not. I just find it amusing that there could ever be any credibility in one terminally corrupt organisation offering moral support to another. I also fail to understand how supporting an individual accused of corruption can be helpful to the image of the organisation that he works for. If only Kofi had consulted them earlier, they could have set up his accounting system so that there was no chance of anyone getting caught.

No comments: